1. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
It’s easy to be hard on ourselves and constantly criticize our actions and decisions. But, just like everyone else, we deserve our own love and compassion. Practice speaking kindly to yourself and acknowledging your efforts and accomplishments.
2. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.” – Wendy Mass
This quote reminds us that we never know what someone else is going through. It’s important to be kind to others, but also to ourselves. We may be fighting our own battles and need to treat ourselves with the same kindness we give to others.
3. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
Compassion is a two-way street. When we show compassion towards others, we also feel happier and more fulfilled. But, it’s also important to practice self-compassion. By treating ourselves with kindness, we can create a sense of inner peace and happiness.
4. “You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.” – Max Ehrmann
We often forget that we are just as deserving of love and happiness as anyone else. This quote reminds us that we have a right to exist and be happy. We should treat ourselves with the same respect and kindness we would give to anyone else.
5. “The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” – Carl Jung
Accepting ourselves completely can be scary. It means acknowledging our flaws and imperfections and still loving ourselves. But, it’s important to remember that self-acceptance is a key component of self-compassion. By accepting ourselves, we can begin to show ourselves the kindness we deserve.
6. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Sharon Salzberg
This quote is a reminder that we are worthy of our own love and affection. We should treat ourselves with the same care and compassion we give to others. By acknowledging our own worth, we can begin to practice self-love and self-compassion.
7. “You don’t have to be perfect to be amazing.” – Unknown
Perfectionism can be a roadblock to self-compassion. We often hold ourselves to impossible standards and beat ourselves up when we don’t meet them. This quote reminds us that we don’t have to be perfect to be amazing. We can celebrate our strengths and accomplishments, even if they aren’t perfect.
8. “Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others.” – Christopher Germer
Self-compassion isn’t about treating ourselves better than others. It’s about giving ourselves the same kindness and compassion we would give to anyone else. By treating ourselves with the same respect and care, we can create a sense of inner peace and happiness.
9. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” – Lucille Ball
Self-love and self-compassion are the foundation for a happy and fulfilling life. When we love and accept ourselves, everything else falls into place. We can create strong relationships, pursue our passions, and live a life filled with joy and happiness.